Here are the basics:
- Attend two 1.5 hr classes each Thursday taught by Northside ministers and qualified guest leaders.
- Receive weekly hands-on experience, serving with a minister/director in a practicum.
- Attend 1-2 conferences per year with Northside ministry staff.
- Meet with a mentor 4 times/year to provide support and assess progress.
- Participate in a short-term mission trip in the second half of the second year.
Bible - Thursdays, 5-6:30pm, Room 101
Bible is taught as a 2-year class, using the Discipleship Curriculum (DC). The class covers a wide range of studies, including:
- Old and New Testament studies
- The Life of Christ
- Biblical Doctrine and Difficult Issues
- Bible, Church, and Christian History
- Denominations, World Religions, and Cults
- Evangelism & Discipleship
- Practical Application of the Bible
LifeSkills - Thursdays, 3:15-4:45pm, Fireside Room
LifeSkills class is offered in year one and teaches the essential life skills to build a solid foundation for any career pursuit.
- Discover God’s plan for this world and His will for your life
- Discover your unique spiritual gifts, God-given talents, and personality with assessment tools to determine the best career path and ministry for you
- Receive an overall understanding of various ministries and ministry career options
- Learn how to manage personal finances
- Learn how to build effective lasting relationships
- Learn effective communication, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
Leadership Development - Fireside Room
This year-two class trains students to become effective leaders in any career or ministry.
- Develop the characteristics and qualities of an effective and godly leader
- Learn management vs leadership
- Learn how to impact, influence, and motivate others
- Learn how to lead through change, conflict, and failure
- Learn how to build, lead, and keep a team
- Learn how to recruit, train, and work with volunteers