At Northside, we want to help you Join God by helping you connect to Christ, Community, and your Calling. The Journey is an opportunity for you to be equipped with some of the tools and knowledge that will help you in your life-long journey following God.
Whether you are new to Northside, exploring Christianity, or a long-time believer or church attender, this 3-week course will help you join God for the journey ahead.
More About the Journey
In this free course you will:
- Enjoy a free meal each week
- Have free childcare available for your kids
- Receive free books & resources for the Journey
- Meet ministry staff and leaders who are here to journey with you
- Learn about Northside, our beliefs, and our vision
- Learn how to study the Bible and have effective time with God
- Learn how to develop the habits of a growing believer
- Learn how to join community in a life group
- Learn how to discover your calling
- Learn how you can impact the world
Week 1 - Christ
Part 1: Intro to Northside
Part 2: Join Christ
- Brief history of Northside
- Who we are & what we believe
- Our mission & Values
- Overview of Ministries
- First step: Baptism
- Next Steps: Develop the habits of a growing believer
- Personal study plan
Week 2 - Community
- What is Biblical Community?
- Why Community?
- Intro to groups
- How to find a group
Week 3 - Calling
- What is your calling? Why?
- Discovering your SHAPE
- How to Discern your calling
- How/where to start serving
- How to share your story
Ready to Register?
Our next classes will be coming up on:
- Saturday, January 12th, 19th, and 26th - Register for this course
- Sunday, January 13th, 20th, and 27th - Register for this course
- Saturday, February 2nd, 9th, and 16th - Register for this course
- Sunday, February 3rd, 10th, and 17th - Register for this course
For our Saturday Course: A meal will be provided in Room 106 after the 5:00 service, and the class will take place in the Fireside Room until 8:00.
For our Sunday Course: A meal will be provided in Room 106 after the 11:30 am service, and the class will take place in the Fireside Room until 2:45.
We ask that if you sign up to attend The Journey, you commit to all three weeks in order for you to get the most out of this course.