Here are the basics:
- Attend two 1.5 hr classes each Thursday taught by Northside pastors and qualified guest instructors.
- Students will have weekly homework/reading assignments and come prepared to discuss in class.
- Students are required to serve regularly in a volunteer ministry throughout the duration of enrollment.
- Second-year students will serve a practicum with a pastor/director for 5-8 hrs/wk to receive valuable hands-on ministry experience.
- Second-year students have the option to attend a ministry conference with Northside staff.
- Meet with a staff mentor to provide support and assess progress.
- Second-year students who complete the program (classes + practicums) receive a $900 voucher to participate in a Northside short-term mission trip.
Bible - Thursdays, 4:00-5:30pm
Bible is taught as a 2-year class, using a modified Discipleship Curriculum (DC).
- Overview of the New Testament
- Evangelism & Discipleship
- Practical Application of the Bible
- Intro to Biblical Leadership
- Life of Christ
- Old Testament Studies
- Biblical Doctrine and Difficult Issues
- Bible, Church, and Christian History
- Denominations, World Religions, and Cults
Practical Ministry - Thursdays, 6-7:30pm
The Practical Ministry class is offered in year one and teaches the basic essentials to build a solid Christian foundation for any future pursuit.
- Discover God’s plan for this world and His will for your life
- Discover your unique spiritual gifts, God-given talents, and personality with assessment tools to determine the best career path and ministry for you
- Learn spiritual disciplines for a healthy spiritual life
- Receive an overall understanding of various ministries and ministry career options
- Learn how to manage personal finances from Biblical principles
This year-two class trains students to become effective leaders in any career or ministry.
- Develop the characteristics and qualities of an effective and godly leader
- Learn management vs leadership
- Learn how to impact, influence, and motivate others
- Learn how to lead through change, conflict, and failure
- Learn how to build, lead, and keep a team
- Learn how to recruit, train, and work with volunteers